Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Facebook gives Politico Private Information?

Source:
http://allthingsd.com/20120112/facebook-gives-politico-deep-access-to-users-political-sentiments/

The concept is essentially like Google's selling of statistical data.  Except deeper and more personal.  In theory, no one will be reading what you say in a 'This guy hates our ideas' kind of way.  But it does open the door to abuse.  It strikes me as a very slippery slope. 

What are your thoughts on this latest Facebook controversy?

2 comments:

  1. Game it. End every post with, "I love what Obama is doing and where he's taking the nation."

    Hopefully that will get the idiot to double down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely leaning in the direction of gaming it. However I had something more like 'There are no conservative Republicans' and things to that effect. I figure why not throw some truth at them in bulk? I'll write a script that will update my status every hour with that.

      Delete