Thursday, June 2, 2011

Feds Deny Indiana Defunding of Planned Parenthood

Source:
http://www.lifenews.com/2011/06/01/obama-admin-denies-indiana-request-to-de-fund-planned-parenthood/

First, before I begin, I will state that I am unashamedly pro-life.  I do not like any organization which encourages abortions, and provides them to people in the manner in which PP does.
That said, my biggest issue with this is NOT the abortion side (as much as that bothers me) but that this is another case of the federal government overstepping it's bounds, and strong-arming a state into doing what the administration wants, as opposed to the population of the state.  The elected officials of Indiana were acting within their power to withhold the funds to PP after a bill was passed in the state giving that direction.
When will this administration see that their ideology is not consistent with that of the American people?

No comments:

Post a Comment